BMC tools are widely used today across large enterprise IT organizations. In order to automate a bulk of the operational workflow, ops teams are now investing Moogsoft for it’s machine learning capabilities. In the post, I’ll explain how to integration Moogsoft with your existing BMC tools to access these benefits.
Moogsoft’s BMC LAM
The BMC LAM (Link Access Module) is a Moogsoft Communities provided and supported integration. The purpose of this integration is to integrate events from TrueSight Infrastructure Manager (TSIM), BMC ProactiveNet Performance Manager (BPPM) or BMC Event Manager (BEM) to Incident.MOOG through a Socket LAM.
This article is limited to integrating all consolidated events (Core and custom event classes) but as a follow-up we will discuss synchronizing Service or other topology models from TSIM or BPPM to Incident.MOOG directly. Incident.MOOG can consume topology for it’s algorithms or visualization within context to a correlated Situation.
Here is a high level data flow:
6 Simple Steps to the BMC Integration
- Install a Remote Cell (HA optional) with all Event classes: Install remote cell (aka ISN installation) and compile cell with all BAROC files from the BPPM/TSIM.
- Create a Propagation Policy or Rule: Use Admin Console or create a MRL (rule) to propagate ALL events to remote cell(s).
- Create MC_INTERFACE: Create simple BAROC file on remote cell(s) defining an empty MC_INTERFACE.
- Create Rule (MRL): Create simple Refine rule (MRL) on remote cell(s) which makes a call to get_external function.
- Add Script to Cell: Create simple script and place %MCELL_HOME//kb/bin/<*a>.
- Setup BEM LAM: Create simple Socket LAM.
Let’s Do This
Once you open the TXT file, you will be walked through the setup, and you can copy / paste the code you need to implement this LAM.
Get started today with a free trial of Incident.MOOG—a next generation approach to IT Operations and Event Management. Driven by real-time data science, Incident.MOOG helps IT Operations and Development teams detect anomalies across your production stack of applications, infrastructure and monitoring tools all under a single pane of glass.