SaaS with DevOps Optimization
The importance of re-thinking incident management for online businesses?
As your SaaS business grows, are your DevOps teams working extremely long hours due to:
- High volume of events and alerts from SaaS across private and public cloud?
- Serial processing of alerts without knowledge of context?
- No single pane of glass to manage all events and alerts holistically and efficiently?
If so, it’s time to consider a more automated incident management approach – one that:
- Acts as a single pane of glass across all monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, New Relic, Amazon CloudWatch)
- Automatically compresses millions of raw events into 100s of actionable “situations”.
- Instantly invites and guides the right domain experts to troubleshoot the right sub-systems.
- Automatically kicks off resolution steps, synchronizes with ticketing systems, captures and recycles knowledge articles.
The result: Cut your troubleshooting time from days to minutes. Reduce time to software release from weeks to days.
Need to adjust the chart below to change “legacy MoM” to “existing incident management”
Where Incident.MOOG fits in your current tool chain
As shown in the diagram below, Incident.MOOG:
- Sits above all your entire DevOps automation and monitoring tool chain
- Ingests events and alerts across the entire DevOps environment: Apps, automation and monitoring tools (including your home grown), private and public cloud APIs. Bring in custom data feeds in a matter of hours using RESTful API.
- Automatically cleans and contextualizes millions of events into 100s of higher level “situations”.
- Automatically hosts a single virtual “situation” room presenting enriched causes and impacts to the right domain experts.
- Automates mundane and manual tasks – kicking off resolution scripts, updating tickets, capturing and recycling knowledge articles
Table summarizing how we help and result in value
Incident.MOOG offers a very rich set of industry-first features to save your time, reduce your workload, and automate your mundane tasks. Use this table to compare with your current incident management approach.
|Reduction of time and manual workloads||Incident.MOOG||Your current approach|
|Integration with modern monitoring tools in a matter of hours: Using RESTful API and Webhooks (e.g. AppDynamics, New Relic, AWS CloudWatch)||✔||?|
|99% “spam” workload reduction: Millions of raw events clustered into 100s of actionable “situations”.||✔||?|
|Auto-enrichment of services being impacted: Situations auto-enriched with service names from partial CMDB or other sources.||✔||?|
|Auto-invitation of right experts: Only relevant SMEs will be invited to work on the right causes||✔||?|
|Streamlined and automated mundane tasks: Kicking off resolution scripts, updating tickets, capturing and recycling knowledge articles.||✔||?|
|Single pane of glass monitoring: One single layer of intelligence consolidating all domain-specific monitoring tools||✔||?|
Link to additional resources