May 12, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO — May 12, 2021 — Moogsoft, the AI-driven observability leader, today announced the launch of new product features, including additional mapping and conditional options for Create Your Own Integration, Microsoft Azure App Insights, Auto Classify, navigation updates, Auto Close, tag propagation, a data configuration overview, Credential Store, API keys, RBAC and added personalization.
The announcement of Moogsoft’s new product updates follows the release of the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for AIOps Platforms, which said “there is no future of IT operations that does not include AIOps. This is due to the rapid growth in data volumes and pace of change … that cannot wait on humans to derive insights.”
As the industry evolves, Moogsoft continues to release significant product updates, pushing innovation to newfound levels to simplify the distillation of metric and event data into meaningful insights.
The new product features allow Moogsoft administrators, operators and other users to optimize productivity and focus time back on innovation. The new product features include:
- Create Your Own Integration updates and enhancements: With the latest update, users now have the capability to integrate payloads that include multiple events within them. As a result of this feature, users are presented with an incident full of context into what went wrong and why, thus allowing them to fix it faster and prevent the issue from occuring again.
- Microsoft Azure App Insights: Azure App Insights is a cloud-to-cloud integration that provides an administrator with the ability to ingest metric data they have configured in Microsoft Azure. The metric data will then be analyzed to establish the normal operating behavior with an upper and lower threshold. If the metric deviates from the normal behavior, an anomaly event will occur. This allows users to understand the difference between a normal behavior and a potential issue that they need to address and eliminates the need for administrators to manually create a threshold for each metric.
- Automatic classification: Auto Classify uses machine learning to analyze event data to identify text related to infrastructure elements. This allows the administrator to leverage the classification for correlation use cases and route data to the user that needs to see it first.
- Navigation updates: The Moogsoft left-navigation (aka left-nav) is incredibly user-friendly, allowing operators to hover or expand for as long as they’d like. Now, when users choose to keep the left-nav sticky, it will not block any of the screen, allowing users to continue working efficiently while navigating quickly.
- Auto Close: Auto Close is a configurable setting that will automatically close any alerts or incidents when they meet the time and criteria set by the administrator. When a nagging issue is resolved and the clear event comes through, or the metric falls back into the normal bounds, the alert severity will automatically move to “clear” and the status to “resolved.”
- Tags: Tag data provides extra context to alerts for awareness, data routing and correlation. Alerts can have as many unique tags as the administrator wishes. By propagating the alert tags to the incident, users have even more context and awareness about the incident they are dealing with. This will save them vital time when it comes to fixing the issue and reporting to the correct impacted services or people.
- Data configuration overview: With added context of how the product works, users have confidence to explore more features and functionality, as well as gain a better understanding of the end result they are working toward.
- Credential Store: The Moogsoft “Credential Store” securely saves credentials of administrators and eliminates the need for administrators to type them again. The Credential Store also allows the discovery process that collectors run on a node to leverage the stored credentials should they match the criteria and have authorization.
- API keys & RBAC: API keys and Role Based Access Control allow administrators to see which users have access to the product. Administrators can delete any user needed or elevate their privileges to share admin activities.
- Personalization and interactions: The “Assign to Me” shortcut allows users to choose which columns they see and the order in which they see them and offers the ability to multi-select alerts, providing a level of personalization that helps keep each user efficient. The “Refresh Interval” allows users to decide how often they want their UI refreshed to show new alerts or incidents once arrived.
“In a period of immense growth, our team is working harder than ever to allow development, ITOps and SRE teams to work more efficiently,” said Adam Frank, Moogsoft vice president, product management and UX design. “Simplicity within the user experience continues to be at the forefront of everything we release – from new and improved navigation to customized data integration – making it even easier for our customers to get to where they need to be with AIOps-powered observability.”
The launch of Moogsoft’s new features follows the announcement of significant company milestones, including 100% QoQ growth that has further fueled record expansion, and 105% net dollar retention rate, alongside the company now being fully funded.
For more information about Moogsoft and its latest feature updates, please visit www.moogsoft.com.
Moogsoft is the AI-driven observability leader that provides intelligent monitoring solutions for smart DevOps. Moogsoft delivers the most advanced cloud-native, self-service platform for software engineers, developers and operators to instantly see everything, know what’s wrong and fix things faster. Founded in 2012, Moogsoft has more than 140 customers worldwide including American Airlines, Fannie Mae, Fiserv, HCL Technologies, SAP SuccessFactors, and Verizon Media. It has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and outsourcing organizations including AWS, Cisco, HCL Technologies, TCS and Wipro.
Moogsoft® and the Moogsoft logo are proprietary trademarks of Moogsoft Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.For more information about the Moogsoft Observability Cloud and its customers’ success, visit Moogsoft.com.
BLASTmedia for Moogsoft