Senior Accountant Opportunity – SF
Role: Senior Accountant
Moogsoft was founded by Phil Tee and Mike Silvey, two passionate Service Assurance pioneers, to reduce the cost and effort involved in managing incidents and problems in modern service delivery infrastructures. Moog software is in the forefront of Cloud technology using algorithmic and social media technics.
MOOG’s Situational service assurance approach is from the team which innovated the most enduring technology in the history of Service Assurance, Netcool. This team lays claim to the fact that its software monitors more than 90% of IP networks globally. Moogsoft is an awesome technology start-up with a culture that will win this market.
The Moogsoft Finance team is searching for our perfect Senior Accountant. Do you have a passion for high-growth start-ups and have excellent technical accounting skills? Do you go to sleep at night dreaming of spreadsheets? If the idea of getting in on the ground floor excites you, then we want to hear from you!
This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and work closely with partners in the Sales and Finance teams to ensure accurate recording of transactions. You will participate in, and help develop detail and efficient close processes, work cross functionally on various projects, assist with systems implementations, and play an important role in supporting financial operations.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Manage sales transactions including – invoicing customers, document review, organizing audit support and contract summaries
- Prepare revenue recognition journal entries, as well as maintain reconciliations including: accounts receivable, deferred revenue and stock option expense
- Manage equity transactions and documentation workflow
- Assist with various aspects of the accounting close process
- Book and reconcile monthly accruals
- Prepare audit support schedules and work actively with external auditors to ensure company policies and GAAP are adhered to
- Assist with system implementations and/or system enhancements
- Set up and manage customer records, as well as manage open receivables
- Work cross functionally with internal teams, as well as external teams, to drive high quality reporting results
- Participate in occasional office foosball tournament
- Strong technical revenue recognition experience, specifically with Software/Multiple Element ASC 985-605, ASC605-25
- Strong technical knowledge of ASC718 (FAS123r)
- 3+ years professional experience, preference to candidates from Big 4 and CPA certification
- Software/SAAS company experience
- Highly proficient with various software systems (Netsuite, Salesforce, Zuora, Avalara, Excel)
- Strong customer service orientation, including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self sufficient in reviewing work and ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion
- Positive energy and young-at-heart attitude
- Thrives under pressure better than MacGyver
- Adequate foosball skills