Connect your IT operations tools to Moogsoft AIOps — achieve greater efficiencies, and provide context when issues arise.
Is there a way to reduce trouble ticket volume and minimize the effort it takes to handle problems?
Yes. However, there isn’t much room for achieving greater efficiencies if your IT operations tools are presenting alerts one-by-one and forcing you to follow linear processes that are isolated into silos.
What ends up happening is this: During a major problem, multiple tickets are created by various silos as the problem unfolds, and it is only after the fact (when multiple teams have been called in to restore service) that these tickets are merged because someone recognized they all described a single incident.
There is a better way. And that’s what was discussed during our webinar, which focused on our integration with ServiceNow.
Actually, the principles I discuss are equally applicable if you are using RemedyForce, CA ServiceDesk, HP ITSM or any similar incident management system. I’ll be highlighting ServiceNow because Incident.MOOG integration has recently been certified by ServiceNow.
Where to Start?
To reduce trouble ticket volume, the place to start is by integrating your trouble-ticketing platform with a next generation event management system that is NOT linear. You need one that supports collaborative Situation Management.
Situation Management is all about providing context when problems unfold, identifying alerts that are related and then coordinating collaboration across silos to orchestrate the restoring of business services.
So, to reduce trouble ticket volume and restore services faster:
- Start with machine learning instead of static models, rules and filters
- Cluster related alerts into Situations before generating tickets and consider generating a ticket per Situation, not a ticket per alert
- Notify relevant experts as well as relevant service desk operators and invite them into the Situation Room (virtual war room)
- Allow bi-directional conversation (threads and updates) between the Situation Room and service desk so every one has visibility into what is happening and who is working on the problem
- Provide access to knowledge of similar situations that occurred in the past to restore service faster
Incident.MOOG supports bi-directional linkage to trouble ticketing systems even though the NOC and the Service Desk are working in two different areas. In short, Incident.Moog is designed to more tightly integrate IT operations and IT Service Management, and reduce the volume of trouble tickets and the time spent to restore service.
For more information on Moogsoft AIOps integration with ServiceNow, download the white paper “How Moogsoft Optimizes Your ServiceNow ITSM Deployment.”