This article is limited to integrating all consolidated events (Core and custom event classes) but as a follow-up we will discuss synchronizing Service or other topology models from TSIM or BPPM to Incident.MOOG directly. Incident.MOOG can consume topology for it’s algorithms or visualization within context to a correlated Situation.
Here is a high level data flow:6 Simple Steps to the BMC Integration
- Install a Remote Cell (HA optional) with all Event classes: Install remote cell (aka ISN installation) and compile cell with all BAROC files from the BPPM/TSIM.
- Create a Propagation Policy or Rule: Use Admin Console or create a MRL (rule) to propagate ALL events to remote cell(s).
- Create MC_INTERFACE: Create simple BAROC file on remote cell(s) defining an empty MC_INTERFACE.
- Create Rule (MRL): Create simple Refine rule (MRL) on remote cell(s) which makes a call to get_external function.
- Add Script to Cell: Create simple script and place %MCELL_HOME//kb/bin/<*a>.
- Setup BEM LAM: Create simple Socket LAM.
Please contact Support for additional details.
About the author Karlis Peterson