How can DevOps teams move faster and improve productivity by automating incident detection and response? This question is examined in our latest white paper: “5 Questions for DevOps Team Who Want to Move Faster.” We released this white paper in late January, and it’s already become one of our most popular downloads. Click to download here.
IT organizations often focus on Continuous Deployment as they begin their DevOps journey. Continuous Deployment is a good starting point, but the real DevOps payoff happens when strides are made toward Continuous Availability as well. This means improvements to quality assurance (QA) testing, an agile approach to incident detection, alert correlation across domains, incident notification, and social collaboration remediation across stakeholders. DevOps teams looking to make advances here should start asking themselves these five questions:
- What’s our delivery lifecycle today and what do we want it to be?
- How can we detect failures earlier?
- How can we manage the volume of alerts and distribute notifications better?
- How can we increase collaboration to diagnose and remediate faster?
- How can we best pursue continual experimentation and learning in this area?
“5 Questions for DevOps Teams Who Want to Move Faster” examines advanced and better answers to these questions, helping DevOps teams move even further with DevOps, while enabling professionals to break some of the logjams blocking the ability to move faster and improve productivity.
About the author Rob Markovich